How to make your own lip gloss

I am addicted to lip gloss. Not the sticky glittery kinds that make it impossible for me to kiss someone, but the moisturizing nummy kind that make my lips feel slick and feminine. But those lip glosses (and chapsticks, etc) can get pricey when you're buying one every month or so (told ya I'm addicted). So I was thrilled when I found this how-to, and thought I'd share it with you:
Ingredients
Container (I use shallow plastic tubs made for this purpose, recycling my used ones...they generally have a screw-top and are sturdy and easy to hand wash)
1 tsp honey
vitamin E capsules (optional)
Olive, almond, coconut, or grapeseed oil
Vaseline
Cinnamon, nutmeg, etc if desired

Put the honey in the container, and follow it with small amounts of the remainder ingredients. If you don't have or don't want the vitamin E, oil, and spices, that's fine- at the bare minimum you need honey and vaseline. Mix it well, and store in a cool, dry place. Use it whenever you need something moisturizing and nummy on your lips! I generally put cinnmon in mine, because it brings the blood to your lips (yay herbalism!) and give sa slightly plumper look. Enjoy!

Labels: