As most of you noticed, this blog went VERY quiet for a time. I admit- it's not a high priority on my list of things to do in life. That makes me a bad blogger, but a responsible adult. My oldest bro made a great website using this blog, but I just ran out of time for it. So, to fill you in on a few key events going on in my life, here's a bullet list:
On a final note....Happy Halloween! Also, Merry Samhain to those of you who celebrate tonight as the new year. The harvest is in, the days are short, and the temperature is dropping (snow in the Cascades and Olympics, for us Washingtonians). It's time to go enjoy mulled cider, pumpkin curry, and cheesy 80s monster movies.
- I was laid off. This is a blessing and a curse, because I hated my job but needed the money. I also needed the benefits, both health and tuition, because...
- I've gone to grad school. I am studying Marine Affairs at the University of Washington, which is thrilling and challenging. I'll be doing my part to save the world, by saving a bit of the world ocean. Occasionally, there will be posts related to climate change, development and the environment, orcas in the Puget Sound, etc. I can't help it- it's the biggest thing in my life right now.
- I'm also seriously dating a new man (we shall refer to him as Scotsman, here). He's the love of my life, and everything I asked Aphrodite for (over the course of the last 2 decades). I'm grateful for his constant love, suport, homemade meals, and humor.
- My family is now all in the same state! Family is a huge priority for me, so this is exciting.
- I am trying to get back into novel writing. I may post occasionally on that as well. I am way past my due date for a comic book script for QEW Publishing, and also collaborating with P.F. on a series of steampunkish coming-of-age novels. Not terribly unique, I know, but we love it.
- I am in the midst of a move! Just inching closer to Seattle, and campus. But it's been terribly frustrating to keep finding good options, only to have them rented out from underneath me. I can only hope the gods are sending me somewhere specific. Soon.
- I have decided to make this blog a mixed bag of personal posts and DIY tips (including writing, sewing, baking, living on a budget, etc). Because of that, some posts may contain references to sexuality and religion. Please don't panic.
- Because of all of the above, I am pretty well broken. This is GOOD news for all of you out in blogland, as it means more posts regarding living frugally. It's inspiring me to do some pretty wacky things to save money, let me tell you. Well, I will, in future posts.
Labels: intro, state of the union