Emerging from the food coma

I just finished wrapping my "12 Days of Christmas" blog swap gifts for my partner over at My So-Called Chaos. Between that and the Holiday Wishes community on Livejournal, I'm having a fun time of gifting this year.

I've made gifts for two of my roommates and my friend's baby, as well. I don't think I've been this crafty whilst being unemployed in ever! It really helps take the edge of this whole career-path searching thing.

Meanwhile, Thanksgiving was fun, the day-after-TG dinner and food fight was fun, and the Saturday family reunion dinner was great.

However, the side effect is that I'm exhausted and absolutely bloated from all that eating! Coming home to find my roommates' TG dinner left out for days, spoiling, and messed all over the kitchen was less than fun, but I'm leaving it for them to clean up.

I'm way past done being mother and maid to twenty-somethings.

Now I just need to get back into the writing swing, and keep practicing my violin and finish my other sewing projects, and I'll be golden.

Oh, and find a job. And an apartment. And quit grad school. All in a day's work!

Labels: ,