3 in one!

The consequence of planning on being at Scotsman's apartment until Tuesday, and then being stuck there until the wee hours of Friday morning, aren't all that bad. I got extra snuggles and fun time in, tidied up the place (because I'm a Virgo, and that's what we do), AND got to open THREE pressies from Angie at My So-Called Chaos for the 12 Days of Christmas blog swap today. Wahooo!

She got me "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", amazingly, a book I haven't read yet! :) For those that have heard the hype on the "Girl Who Played With Fire" movie coming out, this is the first book in the main character's trilogy series. Since literally all of my books (save "Emma" and the "Avalon Revisited" book that Spazzy got me) are packed, it's very nice to have something else out to read.

Another day's gift was a delightful little packet of stationary and supplies. Can you believe she handmade those cards?? I love the "A is for Always" one. That's so pretty I almost don't want to give it to anyone. So if you get a cute handmade card this year, it's probably from this packet that she gave me. Actually, it's inspiring me to make cards, myself. Or try, anyway. :D
I also got colored gel pens (THANK YOU! Mine all ran dry this year).

And lastly, Burt's Bee's Lip Balms! As she said in the card, and I fully agree, you can NEVER have too many of these. I have one in my purse, one in my backpack, and one on my nightstand. Now I can also have one in the car (in a spot where it won't melt), one at Scotsman's apartment, and two spares just in case. I am never far from lip balm, and really dislike not having something on my lips. I'm sure I'm ingesting dozens of pounds of lip balm each year, given how much I wear (and how much I chew my lips when nervous or bored), but I feel better about that when it's Burt's Bees tasty stuff. :D

In all, three lovely and very appropriate gifts. And amusingly, Angie opened the lip balm that I gave her (less awesome stuff, I'm afraid, but cutesy) and the book I gave her (again, less awesome, but cutesy), so we're in sync on gifts right now.

I'm excited to see what tomorrow's package brings!

Labels: