Baked Ornaments

My brother is hosting our family Christmas this year, and getting himself a tree. Because my parents (keeper of the decorations) just recently moved to this state, all of our tree ornaments are in a storage container. My brother lacks the time to get out and buy his own set of decor, and I lack the money to buy him some.

However, my second cousin sent me this recipe to BAKE ornaments, and it's so much fun I had to share it!

Recipe:

Step 1: Combine equal parts apple sauce and cinnamon until you have a mixture the consistency of clay.

Step 2: Spread a bit of cinnamon on a flat surface and roll out the clay-like mixture.

Step 3: Cut out fun shapes using the cookie cutters.


Step 4: Make a hole in the top of each shape (gently) to string the ribbon through after baking.

Step 5: Bake shapes on a cookie sheet at 150 degrees for an hour.

Step 6: Let cool completely, then string and hang from the tree. If you want more scent, gently scratch at the ornaments from time to time.


Your kitchen and your tree will be pleasantly cinnamon-scented for the holidays! Plus, this would be a fun and easy project to do with wee ones.

What are YOUR favorite make-your-own-ornament projects?

Labels: ,