As I am sure bloggers around the world are doing, I would like to post a quick end-of-the-year review before we slid right into 2011.
I dropped this blog for quite a while, and haven't made a crafty post in a bit. This will change, I can promise you, as I have a few 'living poor' challenges ahead of me. I will try to keep a balance between the DIY posts and the personal posts, to make this blog more interesting to a general audience. In 2011, I hope to include more recipe posts, beading posts, costuming posts, 'green' posts, and DIY craft posts.
So, on to the recap!
2010 started out with a hangover. I knew it was going to be a great year, and a dynamic one, but the first day of it I was stuck in bed cursing the invention of rum. It got better.
- I was laid off, started grad school, dropped grad school.
- I moved in April, and am moving again the day before the end of 2010.
- I tried living on my own, and living with 5 people and constant rotating guests, and will soon be living only with my boyfriend.
- I adopted a cat, and bonded with her (much to my surprise, because I thought I was a dog person).
- I got really involved in D&D, and then less so, sewed my butt off making costumes, and then burned out for months, and halted writing and most of my cooking/baking altogether due to my living situation.
- I tried dating casually, got trounced, was used and burned, tried again, learned some wisdom about myself, and met the love of my life.
- I worked the ren faire more and the SCA and SITU less.
- I made about three dozen new friends, most of which I am gently and quietly stepping away from due to some life differences and lack of energy on my part.
- I made plans to travel to see the orcas, more of Canada, attend conventions, and see friends- none of which really came to fruition.
- I learned how to bead jewelry, and picked up cross-stitch again. I made baby clothes and bloomers for the first time.
- I auditioned, performed, assisted techies, sewed, and decorated for performances.
- I visited my parents, and parts of this state that I've been wanting to see since I moved here.
- I reconnected with relatives that I enjoy, and lost a few friendships I didn't want to.
- I learned to like brussel sprouts, love ginger, and make a decent curry.
- I read a lot, bought more books than I can finish, and wrote and edited comic and radio show scripts.
- I drank a LOT of coffee.
- I worked out diligently for a number of months.
- I lost and gained about seven pounds, repeatedly, throughout the year.
But mostly, I found out more about myself, what I need and what makes me happy, and I stepped more fully on my path. I learned a bit better how to LISTEN to the gods (more important than talking to them, I think) and how to quiet my own inner criticism.
As predicted, 2010 was a dynamic, life-enhancing, spiritual/social year. I predict more love and joy and nesting in 2011, but it shall be an equally joyous year.
And I wish it to be a wisdom-imparting, challenging but rewarding, loving year for you all as well!
Labels: life, randomness, state of the union