Checking out for a bit

Just wanted to let you guys know that I skipped Musical Monday yesterday, Teaser Tuesday today, and may or may not post anything for the next few days.

While I'd like to say it's because I have a great new job, or am about to head out on vacation to an exotic locale, it's actually because I'm ill.

I got hit with a freight train of exhaustion, sore throat, and high fever sometime last night, and despite my attempts to get anything done or focus, I keep getting plagued with dizzy spells and extreme inability to focus on anything.

For now, I'm under the tender ministrations of Scotsman, trashy daytime TV, and endless cups of herbal tea.

On an unrelated note, I ordered 9 different kinds of veggie and herb seeds last night from Burpee, for our co-op garden. And I am very excited for this planting and growing and harvesting season. I'll be trying my hand at tomatoes and peppers, bok choy, rosemary and sage, leeks, and peas. Also, marigolds and cucumbers. And co-gardening lettuces, pumpkins, summer squash, and blueberries. And harvesting the cherries and blackberries already established on our property.

Any tips and suggestions on growing any of those is greatly appreciated (the pumpkin, summer squash, and lettuces are going in the ground, everything else will be grown in pots or a raised veggie bed). Thanks!

Labels: