Chocolate Bar Cookies


I got this recipe from my chef brother, who almost never bakes. So you KNOW it's good when he is willing to do 'food science' (instead of 'food art')!

Ingredients (for 7 dozen cookies)

  1. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
  2. Chop up the chocolate bar pieces (I used a nut chopper) and put them aside in a bowl with the walnuts.
  3. In a separate bowl, beat together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and add the vanilla. 
  4. Combine the flour mixture with the sugar mixture, until well blended.
  5. Fold the chocolate pieces and walnuts into the mix.
  6. Chill the dough for 30-60 minutes.
  7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and prep a cookie sheet with parchment paper or sprayed with Pam.
  8. Spoon out marble-sized (or quarter-sized) cookie dough onto the cookie sheet, leaving a bit of space between them as they will spread.
  9. Bake for 13-17 minutes (until golden on top). 
  10. Let cool on a wire rack before munching. Enjoy!
*(I adore Chocolove brand, and not just because they're chocolates are fabulous. The inside of each wrapper contains a love poem, passage from a play about love, love letter, etc. It makes me smile every time I see one. In this Orange bar, it's a passage from George Gordon's "Don Juan". Talk about a great thing to keep in mind while baking! I might have to start calling these "Naughty Love Cookies").

(all images copyright by me, but I don't care if you steal them *grin*)
(Please ignore the messy hair, but note the "Baking is Science for Hungry People" apron that Pat bought me for my birthday this year. Yay!)

Labels: ,