You Don't Know...

How cool my Pinktastic Swaptastic partner, Brandy, is.

I gotta confess, I have done a couple of blog swaps in the past, but never 'clicked' with my partner (aside from Angie, and that doesn't count because we've been friends for Y-E-A-R-S).

Usually, it's because we're pretty different people (I'm unmarried, no kids, not Christian, and not a hardcore crafter or cook, and most blogs out there seem to deal with at least one if not all of those things). That's not to say my previous swaps haven't been fun and surprising, because they have been, and I dearly appreciate anyone who steps up and participates in one themselves. 

(That's her and co, yoinked from her blog)

However, when I was assigned Brandy and checked out her blog, this is what I discovered:

She has a sassy sense of humor, which I really enjoy. On the 'net, I often feel like I have to be more reserved and private, but her blogs show me that it's okay to be outrageous, as long as you're being yourself.

She's trying to get more fit, like me! Unlike me, she's taking Zumba classes, and I very much admire her for that (tried Zumba once, it killed me...she's inspiring me to try it again).

She's married and has a cute-as-a-button little boy, but her blog is about HER, not about this role that she has (which I wouldn't be able to relate to). Clearly, she loves her family and is devoted to them. But when I read her blog, I get a sense of who she is as a person....yay!

She's a crafter, although she isn't a hardcore one, which I can definitely relate to. And, her crafting areas are different than mine. Which means I get inspired by her projects....which is ALWAYS awesomesauce. :)

She's very upfront about her foibles, her insecurities, her attempts, and her attitude. Not in a pushy way, but in a very honest way. And that's inspiring me to be more real (and stop trying to pretend, online anyway, that I'm anywhere near perfect).

Thanks for being everything that you are!

Labels: , ,