Forty before 40

I appreciate the sentiment behind the "30 before 30" lists that people are making. But I'm turning 30 in 6 months, and it would just be impossible for me to get 30 major goals done by then.

However, in ten years I could probably reach my top 40 goals!

Some of these I have stolen (from memory) off my "things to do before I die" list, that was a homework assignment in 8th grade. Others are goals I've had for a while now.

Forty Before 40 (in no particular order)
  1. Learn to play the fiddle, in order to play Irish fiddle tunes
  2. Finish my Oz novel with Pat
  3. Get my weight down to 160 lbs before I have my first child
  4. Plant a tree for each child, when they are conceived
  5. Own my own home
  6. Spend time with the San Juan orcas every year
  7. Adopt an orca from each pod (j, k, and l)
  8. Travel to the Middle East and/or Northern Africa and/or Oceania and/or Asia 
  9. Act on stage again
  10. Pay off all my college debt
  11. Make a Victorian costume for myself
  12. Make a Regency costume for myself
  13. Learn how to make sushi (and make some)
  14. Read at least 12 books per year
  15. Volunteer regularly
  16. Get married
  17. Learn how to garden successfully
  18. Live in a more sustainable manner (less waste, more organic, more local products)
  19. Sew more everyday outfits for myself
  20. Workout in some way (30 minutes of cardio) at least 4 times per week
  21. Communicate more effectively/often with my gods (not sure yet if this is 'learn how to ask', 'learn how to listen', or both)
  22. Submit a manuscript for publication
  23. Craft more
  24. Assist with my parents' retirement
  25. Learn how to brew my own beer
  26. Learn how to say "no" more effectively
  27. Beef up my retirement account
  28. Live on a farmstay for some amount of time
  29. Go sailing aboard a tallship again
  30. Make a feast and invite friends over for every solstice and equinox
  31. Eat less packaged food and more fresh fruits, veggies, and meats
  32. Learn how to milk a cow or goat
  33. Learn how to shoot a gun
  34. Perfect my archery skills
  35. Leverage my crafting and sewing skills into something that earns me money
  36. Own a dog again
  37. Learn how to wear makeup in a way that is sexy and youthful
  38. Learn how to walk in heels
  39. Try pilates
  40. Don't sweat the small stuff

Labels: ,