We Want to Know Wednesday

Photobucket

Thank the gods Mamarazzi, Seriously Shawn, Impulsive Addict, and Janette are hosting this meme, so I have more non-tutorial posts I can make each week. Seriously, I have been slacking, getting all personal here so often. Whoops!

Anyway, this is a new meme where we all get personal and answer a set of questions. I considered answering via a vlog, but I'm sort of stuck in Barnes and Noble right now...and they think I'm weird enough here.

This week's theme is friendship.

{1} Do you make friends easily?
Generally, yes. I'm way too trusting, tend to assume that everyone is a good person, and am always eager for a good time. So as soon as I meet someone, especially if a mutual friend has introduced us, I'm already making plans and inviting them to hang out with me. I've always been a social butterfly in that way.

{2} What 3 qualities are a MUST in a friend?
A similar outlook on life (pessimists need not apply), a sense of humor (make me laugh and I will love you forever), and good conversational skills

{3} What makes YOU a good friend?
I'm loyal. I'm also generous with my time, wisdom, love, and money. That has gotten me in trouble a LOT in the past few years, but only when I chose the wrong people to shower that on. For the most part, I will stick with you no matter what happens, and bend over backward to increase your happiness.

{4} Have you ever met a bloggy friend in real life? Yes? Tell us about the meet up. No? Who would you love to meet?
Not yet! But coincidentally, I have been friends with Miss Angie for Y-E-A-R-S before I ever started blogging. We haven't ever met in real life, but we had a mutual boyfriend in common (ish). ;)
I'm also real-life friends with people who happen to also blog (like Amy and Chris), but I have yet to go from Blog to IRL Friends. 

I would love to meet all of my bloggy friends, preferably for one huge GNO! :D

{5} Who is your best friend?  Tell us about them.
Staci. 
We met in second grade and became best friends instantly. She was the bad girl, I was the goody two shoes. I have watched her grow and mature through plenty of problems and lost paths, and she has blossomed into this amazing, capable, competent, mature woman. She has become the woman she was meant to be. 

And I will always love her. She is the sister of my heart. And even though we live on opposite ends of the country, and have plenty of differences (religion, family and marital status, career paths, etc), we can meet up for coffee and instantly become those seventeen year old dreamers we used to be, sharing secrets and laughter.

Gods, I miss her.
(Xmas 2008)

Labels: