If you like chocolate, especially dark chocolate, and you like coffee at all, check out this cake recipe. It's been a family favorite, winning friends and lovers for generations. It's rich, dense, and unlike any cake you've ever tasted.
You have been warned.
- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 box (4-6 ounces) chocolate pudding mix
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup Kahlua
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 16 ounces sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and move the rack to the bottom most position.
- Mix all the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) until well combined. Add the chocolate chips last to avoid clumping.
- Pour batter into a greased bundt cake pan.
- Bake on the bottom rack of a 325 degree oven for 70 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool in the pan for an additional 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cake to a cooling rack and let it cool for at least 30 minutes. If it's too warm, it'll smoosh when you try to cut it.
- Voila! Instant heaven.