We Want to Know Wednesday

Photobucket
Thanks to our uber-creative hosts, MamarazziJanetteImpulsive Addict and Seriously Shawn!
{1} What is the best or worst pick up line you have ever been given?
Being best friends with guys my entire life, I have heard every pickup line you can imagine (not used ON me, but just said for laughs or practice). I couldn't pick a worst (other than things along the lines of "heh heh...breasts", which I HAVE gotten, from total strangers, usually at Ren Faire). But the BEST went like this:
I was working the Scottish Highland Games with a high school classmate and friend, having a good time, and after she left this guy came up. He asked if she'd be back, having watched her and been working up the courage to approach her. I said she was gone for the day, but would be working again tomorrow. So he comes back the next day, pays entrance fee and everything just for the chance to ask her out. He walks up to her and says: "Hi, my name is XX. I just wanted to tell you that you're the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, and I would be honored if you would allow me to treat you to dinner sometime." Well, she said yes. And a year later, he proposed (and she said yes again). Now they are total soulmates, and happy as the day is long. True story, and I was there.
Which goes to show you, the best pickup line is something straight from the heart, not obviously intended to get you laid.

{2} What is your most and least favorite day of the week?
Most favorite is Saturday- I can stay up late the night before, sleep in, and stay up late again. Perfect!
Least favorite is Wednesday, because usually I feel like the week is dragging on and I start to get confused on whether it's coming or going.

{3} How many hours of sleep do you require each night?
It's a sliding scale. But if I have less than 5 hours of solid sleep, I am not human for days afterward. If I have less than 7 hours of solid sleep, I am not pleasant or polite the next day. I usually aim for 8 hours of sleep, and anything beyond that is a great bonus.

{4} Is there a song that takes you back in time? What song is it & what’s the memory attached?
Every song takes me back to a specific moment and emotion. I have strong ties of memory to music. For instance, Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven" will always remind me of Carmen's funeral, when I was 12 years old. It played on a loop during the viewing of the body, and is forever seared into my memory. Similarly, The Eagles' "Desperado" will be tied forever to the bittersweet memory of my deceased friend, Ray, because Siur and I played it in tribute to him on the radio station (which became our memorial for him). But not all are sad- all Salt 'n' Peppa songs remind me of the summer of my freshman year, singing along to them with my best friend, empowered and beautiful and ready for anything.

{5} What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
Ooooohhh......buying used novels. It's guilty because I'm unemployed and should be saving every penny I get. But it seems like I spend $20-$30 every month on used books. And right now I have more unread novels in my possession than I could read in two years, but I can't seem to stop buying them.

Labels: