50 Things This Summer- Update

We're a little over one month into summer now (assuming you're counting from the summer solstice), so it's time to see how I'm doing on my goals:


  • Hula hoop 10 minutes a day, every day (Fail. Massive fail. I need to focus more on this.)




  • Read 1 book per 7-10 days (In Progress! I have read 7 in the past month, working on the 8th, and I have 11 other books picked out and ready.)




  • Get my weight down to 160 lbs or less and keep it there (I weigh in tomorrow, for the first time in weeks. I haven't been monitoring my caloric intake or activity levels, so I honestly have no idea how much I weight right now.)




  • See if I can teach myself hula hoop maneuvers/acrobatics (Another fail. I keep trying, but without the guidance of people who know what they're doing- or the space to hoop- this one is stalled.)




  • See Walla Walla 




  • Attend my first rodeo (Late August)




  • Celebrate my birthday with something ridiculous (See above)




  • Attend Shakespeare in the Park (Except that I'm not a fan of the 3 plays picked for this season.)




  • Put at least $400/month into my savings account (So far, so good!)




  • Get to Euer Valley




  • Go camping at least once (Have gear, need camping-mates)




  • Write at least five more chapters in my co-authored novel (3.2 down, 1.8 to go)




  • Make at least one item per week for my Etsy store (Slow going here, as I want to avoid having too much stuff on my Etsy and bogging it down)




  • Wear perfume every day- except in Euer Valley, where it will bring bugs. (So far, so good!)




  • Sew some of my excess scarves into crafts (Uhm....this is on the to-do list)




  • Apply to at least 5 jobs per week (So far, so good!)




  • Actually sing at a karaoke night (Karaoke night doesn't look likely this summer)




  • Send surprise mail to loved ones (Six down, seven to go)




  • Cook dinner at least twice per week (In progress)




  • Consume around 1500 calories per day, most of the time (Bwahaha! Yeah, right. I give up)




  • Host another swap or some sort, here or on Swap-Bot (Still planned, likely a sewing or book sort of thing)




  • Focus on my strengths and capabilities more (In progress)




  • Learn new ways to apply eye makeup (I need some good tutorials for my eye shape...any suggestions? I've found a lot for Asiatic eyes, but mine are almond with some Serious Folds)




  • Alter my existing sundresses that need it (As it turns out, only one needs it)




  • Severely decrease the amount of used books that I buy




  • Do volunteer videography work for the wildlife refuges every week (Erm...not every week. Maybe once or twice this season. But I did write 4 articles for them and spent 11 hours being a chauffeur, so I don't feel too bad)




  • Attend the local Renaissance Faire




  • Come up with more DIY tips and recipes for this blog (Any suggestions?)




  • Blog an entire series on boudoir photography (modeling tips)




  • Start sewing my wool Victorian dress (That's also on the to-do list)




  • Finish watching Stargate: Universe




  • Go on an exercise walk with my mom at least 4 times per week (Or on my own, 4 times a week, which is what I've been doing)




  • Go swimming (Also on the to-do list)




  • Go to Portland, including Bushwhacker's and Powell's Books (Planned for Labor Day weekend)




  • Go to Lake Chelan (Sadly, this one must be removed for lack of feasibility)




  • Visit friends once per month (So far, so good)




  • Drink more water every day (So far, so good)




  • Spend less on beads and craft supplies




  • Attend FaerieWorlds Harvest (On hold)




  • Make 3 costumes for FaerieWorlds Harvest (1 down, 1 in agonizingly slow progress, 1 to go)




  • Blog once per day, except Sundays (So far, so good)




  • See Rom and her beau while in Euer Valley




  • Help BigSis organize her house (Planned for next month)




  • Grow tomatoes (Found my first itty bitty tomato, still green, on the vine on Monday!)




  • Take side gigs as possible for spending money (Trying)




  • Write at least one more comic book script (In progress, through QEW Publishing)




  • Send a spell in to Broadsword Comics (This really needs to be pushed back to Fall)




  • Make a dent in my Netflix list




  • Have dark chocolate and/or red wine every day (Amazingly, this hasn't happened. I know, I'm shocked, too)




  • Stay positive (This is cheating, since positive is my default setting)
  • Labels: ,