Musical Monday

A classic from my high school days, that everyone loves singing to. For your listening enjoyment.

(In all honesty, it took me years to appreciate Cake)


Short Skirt, Long Jacket, by Cake


I want a girl with 
A mind like a diamond 
I want a girl who 
Knows what's best 
I want a girl with 
Shoes that cut 
And eyes that burn 
Like cigarettes 
I want a girl with 
The right allocations 
Who's fast and thorough 
And sharp as a tack 
She's playing 
With her jewellery 
She's putting up her hair 
She's touring the facilities 
And picking up slack 

I want a girl with a short skirt 
And a long jacket 

I want a girl who 
Gets up early 
I want a girl who 
Stays up late 
I want a girl with 
Uninterupted prosperity 
Who used a machete 
To cut through red tape 

With fingernails that 
Shine like justice 
And a voice that is dark 
Like tinted glass 
She is fast and thorough 
And sharp as a tack 
She's touring the facilities 
And picking up slack 

I want a girl with a short skirt 
And a long, long jacket 

I want a girl with 
A smooth liquidation 
I want a girl with 
The right dividends 
And at the city bank 
We will meet accidentally 
We'll start to talk when 
She borrows my pen 

She wants a car with 
A cupholder arm rest 
She wants a car 
That will get her there 
She's changing her name 
From Kitty to Karen 
She's trading her MG for 
A white Chrysler Le Baron 

I want a girl with a short skirt 
And a long jacket.

Labels: