We Want to Know Wednesday

Hello, Wednesday!

Photobucket


And hello, JanetteMamarazziSeriously Shawn, and Impulsive Addict, who bring us We Want to Know Wednesday.  Thanks to Homesick Cajun, Lindicious LifeAmy King, and A Bunch of My Nonsense for the questions today!






1. Name five of your favorite new blogs that you're reading.
Health Not to Health Nut- where I can get inspired to get my butt in gear, and find great new ideas for increasing my health, as well as recommendations on activities.
Bubby and Bean- where I can get inspired by her creativity, and learn about life on the road managing a rock group. 
The Curious Pug- where I can laugh at the antics of this gorgeous gal, her adorable puppy, and check out some amazing blogs and stores featured here.
Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing- where I can be inspired by vintage outfits and historical costumes, and then intimidated by how much of those terms and techniques I don't know.
The Write Path- where I can learn about publishers, especially small press, other authors, and books. But seriously, publishers. What they do, what they're looking for in submissions. THIS INFORMATION IS INVALUABLE. And I'm so grateful that she's doing the legwork and posting the info here.

2. When you were a young child or teenager, did you have an idea of how many children you wanted and what their names would be? Did you follow through on your ideas?
I've had a list since I was nine years old or so, of names I love that I want to name my kids. And because I love you, I'll share some of them: Atreyu (yes, as in The Neverending Story. That kid was bad-ass); Felicity (Latin for happiness!); Connie (my maternal grandmother's name); D'Artagnon (yes, as in The Three Musketeers; Liam....alright, the list goes on and on. I never really thought about HAVING or RAISING kids, but I certainly thought about naming them!

3. What is the silliest thing you fight with someone about? Could be your spouse, sibling, parents, co-worker etc.
The one and only time my best friend and I have ever fought was back in seventh grade, and it was over the biological classification for giraffes.
That's got to be the silliest thing I've ever fought with someone over. We both realized it at the time, but were too stubborn to admit it (at least until the end of the day, when we admitted that fighting with each other sucked, and we'd rather be friends).

4. What is your favorite scent that other's may not find very nice?  ie:  gasoline, sweat from your sweetie, etc.
I don't think I have one of these. The scents I love (coffee, cloves, cardamom, cider, fresh rain) are generally beloved by all. I do find that a lot of scents I dislike (sugary things, flowers, for the most part) are things other people love.

5. Thoughts on Plastic Surgery? (had it? want it? regrets?)
This is well-timed, as I just finished Sarah Dunant's Under My Skin, which deals with plastic surgery!
Although I can pick some definite spots where I need it, I think it's a dangerous line of thinking for me to get into. How far would it be for me to go from "Let's just fix this genetic saggy chin thing" to "can you please suck all the fat out of my midsection"? And then I can see myself not working as hard as I should, gaining it back, perhaps doing other damage....I think it would be more bad than good for me. 
That being said, while I'm happy to focus on loving myself as I am and working at getting in shape, I'm a big supporter of plastic surgery as an option for victims of violent crime and burn victims. The ability to get past some of the trauma and stigma (sometimes gratis) is a wonderful thing, so I don't condone the industry as a whole.

Labels: