Friday Confessional


Photobucket


I confess...
The past two weeks have been one giant Happy List. I'm so happy with my new job, my new office, my new coworkers, my new boss(es), my new work town (which will hopefully be the town I am living in, too)....part of me is waiting for the other shoe to drop, and part of me is cackling in glee. Constantly.

I confess...
I consumed approximately 8 bazillion calories yesterday. TWO huge donuts from Top Pot, Jimmy John's for lunch, The Rock pizza for dinner, and oh yeah, celebratory booze, in a bucket. I'll take any excuse to eat yumminess, even when I can feel my waistband expanding.

So...once again, no Fat Ass Friday post from me.


I confess...
I gave myself chemical burns on my hands, de-seeding and slicing jalapenos Wednesday night. I was baking jalapeno cheddar biscuits, and didn't have any gloves. It's never been a problem before, but for some reason, this time my hands were ablaze. ALL. NIGHT. LONG.


My Eagle Scout of a brother had me go through a regimen of a half dozen washes with soap and water, a paste of baking soda and water, a scrub with orange gojo (ya know, the stuff mechanics use to scrape the grease off), and alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Still, my hands were ablaze, keeping me from sleep.

Until I got up and hosed them down with solarcaine. Today, they're still warm and toasty, but not nearly as painful as they were. Lesson learned!


I confess...
I'm at a point in my life where I see three dozen faces, and that's it. Very rarely do I see a face that does not remind me of someone else's face that I have seen before.

This is a little awkward in the case of two of my male coworkers looking remarkably like two of my ex boyfriends.

However, it's fun when I'm stuck in rush hour traffic and play the game of "you look like that guy!"


I confess...
I am loving this song. It's just so fun and silly and sweet.

Labels: