Well hello there, blog-verse! I had fully intended to compose my usual Fat Ass Friday and Friday Confessional posts, and obviously I dropped the ball on that. I also (accidentally) dropped the ball on the August Vlog. Time is warping with this whole new job, apartment hunting, exhausted 24/7 thing. Seriously, I have a hard time figuring out what day it is.
That's not a happy list item, by the way.
But this is!
That I won an award. Yay! Even though I am suffering from blog-neglect guilt, the lovely Jill from Jill's World
awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks, pretty lady!
Of course, every award comes with a task, and here it is:
1. Thank the person who gave the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
- I hate eating things that squeak against my teeth (like green beans).
- I'm allergic to soy (but not to dairy, I have recently discovered...though too much dairy makes me stinky).
- My favorite color, since pre-puberty, is any combo of green and blue.
- I hate diamonds. I know they're traditional for engagement rings, but I refuse to wear them, buy them, or support them. To me, they are boring, colorless lumps that are artificially priced and represent the worst of big business (want to learn more? Read up on the Boer families in Africa who raped, pillaged, and manipulated the market to make a buck).
- I have an addiction to buy used books, hoarding them, and then taking years to read them. I do eventually give them away, but I buy FAR more than I can read in a year.
- I turn 30 on Thursday. I am so much happier about this now that I'm employed, but I still suffer from huge swings of guilt that I am nowhere near the benchmark of life on this. I am sure I'll be posting more about this in a few days. After I watch "13 Going on 30" and wonder where my Mark Ruffalo is.
- When I was a kid, I hated having to leave the action of whatever was going on, for anything. Even to pee. So I'd hold it until I made myself physically ill and in massive pain. Sometimes, unable to walk to the restroom afterward. I am amazed I didn't kill my bladder over the 8 years or so that I did this. I was a freshman in high school when I finally stopped that nonsense.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs.
So congrats (and thanks) to you fabulous bloggers who deserve this award. Wahoo!
And I promise to get enough time to read and comment on your blogs...uhm...next week...Wednesday, maybe? Sometime. I promise!
Labels: happy list