We Want to Know Wednesday


Photobucket

In a stroke of perfect timing, the WWTK questions this week deal with holidays!
Thanks as always to Mamarazzi and Alicia aka Queso for hosting and the nosiness (heehee).

1. What is your favorite holiday?
It's a tie between Christmas/Yule and Halloween/Samhain. I love that people are genuinely nicer around Christmastime, and I adore snow. I also love getting to dress up and eat many things with pumpkin in them during Halloween time. And it means that, as soon as October rolls around, I'm on a Holiday High for three months. Wahoo!


2. Do you have any fun holiday traditions? What are they?
My family always gets together for Christmas, regardless of where we are in the world. We always open our stockings first, on Christmas morning (usually with Christmas instrumental music in the background), then have a big brekkie with my Dad's Eggs Benedict (which are amazing) and mimosas. Then we play and socialize and nosh on cheese and chocolates the entire day. We always have a big Christmas dinner, too (though not usually a traditional English or American meal), then fall into food comas. It's such an indulgent day, and usually everyone is happy the entire time. Happy, and goofy. And very, very full.


3. When do you start Christmas shopping?
I make and buy gifts all year long, and stash then in a bag. If I wait until the end of the year, I get too stressed out.


4. What is your favorite holiday food?
My Dad's Eggs Benedict. Well, ok, specifically his hollandaise sauce. YUM!


5. Share a favorite childhood holiday memory.
It's not a sweet memory, but the only one that stands out is the year that I learned there is no Santa Clause. I was young, and was convinced that I'd heard reindeer on the roof early on Christmas morning. When I told my middle bro about it, he told me there is no Santa Clause. I didn't believe him (I mean, come one, the fat guy left us presents, signed with his name, and ALWAYS ate some of the treats that I left out for him and the reindeer). But my bro compared our Dad's handwriting with Santa's, and explained how our parents would sneak out and leave gifts after we went to sleep.

I was pretty heartbroken about it.


6. Have you ever actually tried fruitcake??
Yes, yes I have. And it's not horrible. But it's very dense and, to me, doesn't have much flavor to it.

Labels: