My Happy List

Photobucket


I'm exhausted to the core, and bracing myself for the inevitable illness that will follow (hopefully not until this weekend, when I have no plans). There's a lot of personal and professional stress in my life right now, so much so that I tried booze, comfort food, weeping, and hot showers the past few days...and it's still there.

The good side of that is that the Happy List stuff shines extra-bright because of the contrast.

I'm happy...
That the maple trees along my walk to work have all gone blazing red and started dropping their leaves. I love when this happens, and that it's such a temporary state. 

I'm happy...
That my coworkers and bosses recognize the amount of work that I've been doing, and that I'm exhausted because of it, and are being extra-sweet to me this week. I even got offers of a ride home mid-day so I could sleep! I love these folks.

I'm happy...
That Blue is so amazing. As a survival mechanism, I'm thinking of us as just friends who occasionally kiss (I have no other practical definition for it), but it's hard to restrain myself when he's so continually awesome, kind, compassionate, funny, and attentive. I didn't realize there WERE any single guys my age out there, let alone ones not recovering from divorce and/or with kids, etc. He has set the bar very, very high.

I'm happy...
That I have a date on Wednesday, D&D on Thursday, and Crocheting & Cider on Friday. Being social always revives me, so I'm definitely in need of the fun times. Now I just have to figure out what to wear tomorrow...

I'm happy...
That the Swapoween went so well. People have received, and are still receiving, their goodies in the mail. And for the most part, everyone got adorable, fun, and gorgeous stuff. I'm continually amazed at some peoples' ability to get the perfect gifts for a total stranger. Truly, thank you to everyone who participated and followed the rules! :)

Labels: