We Want to Know Wednesday

Photobucket


{1} What is your favorite food item at Thanksgiving dinner?
My family never has a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, so this is a tough one. We always have a meat (turkey, ham, roast beef, cornish game hens, etc), a starch (usually potatoes-and-something), a veggie side, sometimes another side, and dessert. It's WAY too much food, but that's my family for you....leftovers for daaaaays.


{2} What is your least favorite?
Of the traditional dishes, which I've never had, the concept of side dishes that are sugary are nasty to me. Sweet potatoes mashed up with marshmallows? Ick. Waldorf salad? Ick. Gelatinous cranberry sauce? Pleck.


{3} Do you have a favorite pie? (Share a recipe if you want or just tell us about it and make us drool)
I used to dislike all pie, but thankfully I've changed my tune. A good homemade apple or cherry pie (with fresh fruit) makes me drool like mad. But I'm going to share with you the world's easiest and fastest Key Lime Pie recipe, because it rocks. :D

Ingredients:
Pre-made graham cracker pie crust
A 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup key lime juice (I prefer Nellie and Joe's Key West Lime Juice)

Preheat the oven to 350. Mix together the can of sweetened condensed milk, 3 egg yolks, and 1/2 cup of key lime juice. Stir until smooth. Pour into pie crust. Bake 15 minutes. Allow to cool, chill in fridge.
Enjoy!


{4} Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?
The whole family gets together, and usually starts cooking around noon. We sometimes have pancakes or waffles for brekkie, but almost always we put out cheese and crackers and just nosh for lunch. Lately we've also busted out good ciders and red wine to drink while we all cook. It's a fun time. :)
 

{5} Black friday shopping- Do you participate in the delightful running through the stores in the wee hours of the morning madness or hibernate at home and shop online?
Hell to the no! I don't like a mad crush of people, or frenzied shopping, or the pressure of HAVING to buy something. I spend the day recovering from TG dinner (which usually involves doing the dishes). 
 

Labels: