PINK Day 4

I weighed in today at 170.5, so I'm keeping keeping on.

The food isn't a bad adjustment at all. I realized I haven't touched on this yet. It's making me very aware of what is a lean protein and what isn't. But unlimited veggies isn't so bad....my current favorite thing is to take 1/2 cup brown rice or quinoa, mix with chopped sauteed onions, mushrooms, peppers, and some canned diced tomatoes, stuff it in a hollowed-out green bell pepper and bake it at 325 degrees for an hour. YUM! And surprisingly filling.

I've also combined black beans and tomatoes and green chiles into a stew sort of thing. But I think having a grain makes me happier. :)
I'm also enjoying spaghetti with brown rice instead of noodles.

I'm going to try a tuna mixed with veggies and low-fat Italian dressing or balsamic.
And baked salmon, with broccoli.
And really enjoying cucumber right now. Yay!

I'm hoping to carry this sort of food awareness with me even after PINK ends (or goes onto maintenance). Plus, the morning protein shakes are really nice. And being able to cheat with some non-fat Greek yogurt when my afternoon slump hits is really effective.

Labels: ,