Taco Cupcakes


Savory cupcakes. Why not? 
Never having had one, or made one, I found myself constructing a recipe two nights ago. I don't often construct recipes, but when I do I have a passion to make them that is undeniable.

They came out well enough, but not as spicy of flavorful as I had hoped. So in hindsight, here's the recipe as I would try it a second time:


Ingredients
Corn muffin mix
Spicy tomato juice
Diced green chiles
Cheddar cheese, shredded
A ripe avocado
4 oz sour cream
Some Hatch or Cayenne chili powder
A pinch or two of salt
Teensy bit of lemon or lime juice
Shredded chicken (ideally, lime cilantro, or southwestern of some sort)


  1. Make up the muffin mix, substituting tomato juice for milk or water.
  2. Add the diced green chiles, chili powder, and cheese.
  3. Bake as directed.
  4. Let cool.
  5. Meanwhile, mash up the avocado, mix with with the sour cream, add the salt, lemon/lime juice, and combine thoroughly. 
  6. Pipe (or spread, whatever your tools are) the avocado "frosting" atop the cupcakes.
  7. Dust a teeny bit of chili powder over the frosting, if desired.
  8. Finally, top the cupcakes with a bit of shredded chicken.
  9. Enjoy, preferably warm. 

Labels: