We Want to Know Wednesday

Photobucket


Thanks as always to MamarazziQueso and Crazymama!

{1} How was your Valentine's Day?
It was good, thanks. I was super busy at work, caved and had some chocolate (but resisted the cupcakes, so that's something), then had beers and burgers with Sparks. I overate (*sigh*) but had a lot of fun and am excited about plans that we've made. It's good to have girlfriends who aren't afraid to call you out. :)


{2} What is your favorite flower? Did your honey get them for you?
I am a fan of the unusual flowers- iris, gerbera daisies, tulips, pretty much anything other than roses and carnations. And no, I haven't gotten flowers from someone in a while (and only once on V-day). I'd actually rather get something uniquely me and romantic, instead of the traditional flowers and candy and nice dinner thing. But since I don't have a honey, that's not an issue right now.


{3} Was Valentine's Day a big deal when you were a kid?
I remember having fun in grade school with making Valentine's crafts. And I think a few times I got snubbed after being generous to others, which was disappointing. I've always disliked the conversation hearts that were so popular back, then, too. So I guess V-day has never been a big thing for me. 


{4} Did you put up any Valentine's Day decorations? (bonus points for a picture)
Ha! Yeah, right. I don't have any, and that's ok. I did steal an empty V-day chocolate box from work for a Brilliant Plan (that was abandoned due to lack of interest from the other party). I'm too romantic for my own good, most of the time.


{5} Do you have any Valentine's Day traditions?
Growing up, my great Aunt always sent a V-day card, and my folks would leave us a few chocolates on our placemats in the morning. It was a nice way to start the day, but I think it ended sometime around high school. Now my tradition is to spend time alone or with single friends, grateful that we don't have an S.O. to disappoint our expectations. :)

Labels: