Wanna make new friends? Serve these at your next meetup.
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cocoa powder (the baking stuff, not the drinking stuff)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 Tblsp butter, cubed
- 8 oz baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 bottle Guinness stout, at room temperature
Step 1 when baking with booze is always to test the quality of said booze by consuming a bottle or glass of the ingredient while you cook.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and spray or line a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt until well combined.
- In a double-boiler on low heat melt the butter, baking chocolate, and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips. You need to stir this constantly so it doesn't burn.
- Beat eggs and sugar until fluffy, or at least frothy.
- Remove the melted chocolate mixture from the heat and let it cool a little.
- Add Guinness to the egg mixture, then add the melted chocolate mixture, stirring constantly to combine it and keep the warmth from cooking the eggs.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture, and stir until combined.
- Fold the remaining cup of chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Voila! Instant sexy fudgy brownies!
Labels: chocolate, cooking, dessert, food, recipe