Sarah Addison Allen Challenge


I don't normally take on Blog Challenges, or Reading Challenges, because my time is so limited. And, honestly, I have enough guilt in my life.

But I can across this one hosted by Quirky Girls Read (by way of The Book Garden), and I couldn't resist. The amazing Ricki Jill at Art @ Home got me started on Sarah Addison Allen, who has gorgeous prose and a way of making magic utterly real. I read The Garden Spells, and have been eager to read more ever since.

And, as you all know, I'm a foodie with a penchant for baking. And baking gluten-free nowadays, which is an added challenge. So this one is right up my alley!

The Challenge: Read a Sarah Addison Allen book and make a recipe inspired by the story. Once you have both read the book and made your culinary creation, write a post detailing your experience. Then link  to your post on the SAA challenge review page so we can vicariously partake! The challenge starts on March 21, 2012 and ends on June 20, 2012.


I've decided I'm going to read The Sugar Queen, which is the one Sarah Addison Allen book that I own right now. Also, the title makes me want to bake something. :)

Labels: , , ,