Social Media For Health!

This post brought to you by CafeWell. All opinions are 100% mine.

Have you guys heard about CafeWell? It's a social networking site geared toward health and wellness. There are some out there geared toward weight loss, but this one is actually all about being healthy. CafeWell has programs like Reach for the Peaks, a wireless pedometer step-tracking program with rewards for achievements.

But more than that, CafeWell partners with health care providers, like Altius, to educate and support folks in their health goals. CafeWell provides advice, tips, encouragement from Olympic athletes, experts who answer questions, etc. 

As awesome as it is to have a place to get answers, the most exciting part about this for me is the encouragement. We all need that, right? And to get it from people who have sweated their way, and probably endured every plateau you can, is something special. 

The site is free and anonymous, which makes it easy AND safe. Yay! 

People are buzzing already:

“I'm absolutely thrilled with this motivating program.”

"So today I am taking a step forward to get off the couch and become healthy. I am overweight, underpaid, and not so full of energy! I know if I think I can, I CAN. AND I WILL!"

I don't know about you, but I'm competitive enough that the Reach For the Peaks program would indeed motivate me to move more. And also, being anonymous. It's odd, I know, but something about the safety and freedom of anonymity that puts me at ease with setting safe goals, or setting goals and not managing to make them. :)

Visit Sponsor's Site