- 1 cup non-wheat flour (I used a combo of grapeseed, rice, and garbanzo)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tblsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3-4 oz chocolate
- 1 Tblsp cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
- Chevre (either honey, or blueberry vanilla)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a double broiler.
- Mix all other ingredients together.
- Grease 9x9 pan.
- Add liquid ingredients to solid ones and stir until well combined.
- Pour into pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- When brownies are cool, cream chevre and schmear it on top.
These little guys come out dense and cakey, with a hint of apple. I think they'd be best with plain chevre on top, and then drizzle some caramel over, to blend the chocolate and apple better. You could also go vegan and substitute coconut oil for the butter, and dust the brownies with cinnamon instead of smearing chevre. So many options!
Labels: creating my own yum, gluten-free, noms, recipe