Cinco de Chili's #CoronaRita

This post brought to you by Chili’s Grill & Bar. All opinions are 100% mine.

CoronaRita sm.jpg

Cinco de Mayo....otherwise known as (to us near-the-border and former-near-the-border folks) a great excuse to chow down on some Hispanic food! Cinco de Mayo is more culturally relevant to me than, say, Bastille Day, but I'll also take any excuse to party.

This year, I'm taking my celebration to Chili's for one of their delicious Chicken Fajitas. Even without the tortillas, I love me some sizzling veggies and meat, with salsa and sour cream. Oh! And the chips and guacamole! And dessert slider sampler things that come in a shot glass...Ok, now I'm drooling. Although other national chain restaurants have really gone downhill in the past 5 years, Chili's remains one of my go-to choices for entertaining a crowd, and also for late-night-don't-wanna-cook dinners.

The local Seattle Cinco de Mayo pub crawl this Saturday starts early, and I think finishing it with some good food and a CoronaRita at Chili's is the best cap to it. I'm hoping to drag Sparks along, and I'm thinking she'll dig the CoronaRita as well. 

Don't know about the CoronaRita? It's Chili's new beverage...what we used to call a Michele back home. It's a margarita with Corona instead of tequila- very light, and perfect for summertime! I think it compliments chicken, fish, and veggies well, as it does't coat the tongue or overpower the food. Plus, it works well for all the tequila-haters in the world. 

What about you? What's your favorite Chili's item? Would you try a CoronaRita? Would you buy me one? ;)

 

And please don't forget (you in blogland and everyone on the pub crawl with me): You must be 21 years or older to drink alcoholic beverages and as always, please remember to drink responsibly! If you are too blitzed to finish your CoronaRita, just hand it to me and I'll take care of it. After I'm done with my fajitas. :)

Google Image Result for http___www.findthatlogo.com_wp-content_uploads_2011_07_chili-large-logo.jpg.jpg

 

Visit Sponsor's Site