We Want to Know Wednesday


null
Hosted by Mamarazzi and Crazymama
 
(1) What is the usual summer high temperature where you live?
The average summer temp for me is 76 degree Farenheit. I know that we've been having a COLDER than normal Spring, which doesn't bode well for our summer. Today is about 70 degrees, and I have a feeling our high temp this summer will be 80.
 (This is not my photo, but it IS a great photo, so I couldn't resist using it!)
 
 
(2) How do you keep cool? Do you have central air?  
Ha! I wish. Seattle apartments all have heaters, but none have coolers. When it's hot, I open the windows, wear very little, and drink a lot of water. But since it hasn't been hot here in 3 years, that's not really been a problem.
 

(3) Do you swim? If you get in the water do you get your hair and make-up wet?
I swim in my parents' community pool when I visit them during the summer, but otherwise I have no access to a pool. I miss swimming- I used to spend months hanging out, splashing around, swimming like a mermaid, back in San Diego.
 (Me, circa age 16, "swimming" at a ren faire- i.e. getting buckets of water dumped on me to combat temps of 110 degrees)

 
(4) What is your favorite summer look? As far as outfit , shoe choice and hairstyle? 
(Pics are rad or just describe it.) Do you wear less make-up in the summer?
I don't wear makeup when I'm swimming, but otherwise I have light eye makeup on almost every day. Summertime is for sun dresses and sandal heels, to me. My hair does what it does, and also lightens by a few shades from the sun. I am trying to rock a more feminine summer look these days.
(this is one I made myself, pic taken last year, hence being fatter with short hair and a bad facial expression)
 

(5) What is your favorite summer meal to make or eat, either way? (Score extra cool points for a recipe.)
BLTs are my typical summer fare, especially when made with heirloom tomatoes, crisp cold lettuce, chipotle mayo, and crispy bacon right from the pan...and maybe some avocado slices, too. And now, in my case, gluten-free bread. Do you really need a recipe for BLTs?
 

Labels: , , ,