WholesaleCostumeClub.com Steampunks My World

So sometimes, even costumers don't want to make an outfit. Out of time, out of materials, out of energy...it's just easier to get a pre-made costume. And for things like Halloween or costume parties, where you want something easy to move in and safe if beer is spilled upon it, a costume resource is what you need.


Luckily, there's www.WholesaleCostumeClub.com! A few days ago, I had an opportunity to review an item from WholesaleCostumeClub.com, to wear-test it, as it were. I got a steampunk costume, of course. This one, actually, because of the absolutely adorable jacket piece:


And did you know about Steampunk Day? Great excuse to get your own steampunk garb!
I know what I'll be wearing.

Here's my impressions:
This outfit is basically what you'd expect from a costume-in-a-bag place: convenient, easy to put on, lightweight materials, and a few pieces that go together great.
The corset piece didn't fit me very well, because I tried wrenching it over my head and inadvertently popped two buttons. Whoops! I'm not used to pre-made costumes having normal, sealable parts. Yay!
The corset piece does have a cute tie that you can use in a variety of ways, and has light boning and - another surprise- clear straps so it doesn't fall off your boobs. Super yay!

The skirt, I was less happy with, only because of the half tulle lining. I couldn't figure out where to place it. On the plus side, there's an adorable jewel accent, the skirt is pull-on for ease of dressing, and it would go great with non-steampunk ideas, too. Like can-can. Or pretty much anything else.

But my FAVORITE part, of course, was the jacket. It fit the length of my arms perfectly, and again had functional buttons. I love the puff sleeves, the lace wrist accents, and the cut of it in the front. It's flattering, chic, and totally something I'd wear every day. It's sexy over the corset piece, or any corset or bustier, but it would also work over any lower-neckline top.

I cannot wait to try wearing it with a plunging V top, and pulling a little costume-cotoure switch up.
Seriously, guys- the prices of these items and costumes on WholesaleCostumeClub.com are so affordable, and totally worth it for your next costume need. I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Labels: , , , , ,