Beet Pancakes

I found this recipe thanks to A Feast of Ice & Fire.

This is like hash browns, but with shredded beets and leeks instead, which is infinitely tastier and healthier for you. I love finding new recipes to use beets in!

Take beets (and slices leeks, too, if'n you want)...

Peel and shred them (and DON'T shred your fingers in the process)...

Let them strain naturally overnight, for as long as you can, to get them dry...

Take a handful of said shredded beets and mash into a pancake...

And fry them in butter, a few minutes on each side.


Note: I didn't dry the beets for long enough, and so they were too wet and falling apart. I fixed this by adding a handful of flour as a binding agent...but if you follow the directions instead of cheating like I did, you should be fine without the flour.

Labels: , , , , ,