I have a confession to make...
I hate egg nog. That store-bought high fructose syrup stuff that coats my tongue and tastes like sweet cement? Pleck.
However, this is the exception! This old-fashioned nog recipe contains booze (wahoo!) and is aged so the flavors blend beautifully. It's definitely worth a try! The recipe below makes enough for 3 people....or just you, if you really like egg nog.
- 8 oz whole milk
- 8 oz heavy cream
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1.5 oz rum
- 1.5 oz cognac
- 1.5 oz whiskey
- 3 eggs
- Separate eggs.
- Whisk egg yolks to blend until smooth.
- Whisk sugar and booze into yolks.
- Add milk.
- In separate bowl, whisk whites until soft peaks form.
- Add 1 tsp sugar to whites and gently blend in.
- Add whites into yolk mixture.
- Whisk heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Add heavy cream to egg mixture and fold together gently.
- Put in a glass container and age in fridge for at least 1 week (preferably 30 days).
- Top with nutmeg when you serve it.
Labels: booze, drink, eggnog, recipe