Meatloaf for Two recipe from The Middle Aisle:
*You're in for a treat!! If you missed my review of The Middle Aisle the day before yesterday... it's right here in the kitchen at Living a Goddess Life
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup dried minced onion
- 1 1/2 Tblsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 cup Worcestershire or BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- salt and pepper, to taste
Piquant Sauce (mix together thoroughly):
3 Tblsp brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 Tblsp dry mustard or stone-ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix by hand until thoroughly incorporated.
- Press into a greased loaf pan or small cast iron pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Drain fat (carefully), then spread Piquant Sauce on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve hot (preferably with mashed potatoes and red-eye gravy....yum!)
(Tangy, moist, and delicious!)
Labels: book blast, easy to make, main dish, meatloaf, recipe, tasty noms, taylor dean, the middle aisle