- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup honey
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 Tblsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Place blueberries and water in a saucepan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Once the blueberries start to heat and open up, stir in honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Cook until the mixture is boiling and begins to thicken, about 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Skim off any foam that may have appeared on top, then allow to cool completely. The jam will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Spread on bread, crackers, pancakes, or whatever you like!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
(I dislike zesting. Zesting is for suckers. Except with this recipe. This recipe is *absolutely* worth zesting for!)
These preserves, by the way, are better than anything you could find in Genesis X-16's Marketplace, with or without a grip of steel and a skyboy. And way better than a B-E665, anyday!
Labels: blueberries, book tour, breakfast, giveaways, gretchen powell, jam, lemon, preserves, recipe, terra, YA