We all want to eat more healthy, spend less money, and still enjoy our experience of food. And for as much as I see "eat this, not that" stuff out there, key gaps are occurring in the "tasty, healthy, AND cheap" department. So I'm rectifying that right here, right now*.
(green onions or scallions)
- Less expensive (because it's less popular)
- Faster to cook (although, to be fair, it doesn't caramelize like globe onions)
- More versatile (can be served cooked, raw, or as a decorate topper on soups, as they have a milder flavor and therefore may be more palatable to picky eaters)
- Grow faster (and are easier to harvest)
- Can be refrigerated without damaging flavor or nutritional content (unlike globe onions)
*All statements are based on my own experience buying, cooking, and eating these things.
Labels: eat better, eat this, food for thought, getting healthier, save money, tasty noms