PromGirl.Net Pretties Me Up

I recently had a chance to review a dress from PromGirl, a website that sells cocktail dresses and formal gowns (for high school dances, or holiday parties, or wedding receptions, or whatever). I wish this website store was around when I was a teen, because the price is great, the selection is fantastic, and the quality is fabulous.


I had my eye on some that I have no function to wear to (but they're so pretty!)
Namely:
 and 


But I ended up going with a short, empire-waisted, blue number.

Check it out:
The dress arrived very well-protected.


The length is technically mini, but with as many tulle layers as there is, it doesn't feel really short or risque.


See? Eight layers! It makes a nice pouf.


Tada! So...the dress is a size 16, but it fits like a 12/14. Which is to say, VERY tightly. I wouldn't wear this in public, with how tight it is. To be fair, I'm edging up to a size 18 right now.


My one criticism, aside from the small sizing, is that the bling shoulder strap decoration is way too big. They must be assume that as a size 16, I had a hump. This thing was unflatteringly sliding off my shoulder and pooling over my back fat. 


On the plus side, the bling detail here is phenomenal. There is a TON of rhinestones of different shapes and sizes sewn on here. I don't know that they'd survive flailing about, but they certainly didn't look flimsy. And they refracted the light for a lot of sparkle.


Detail on the bodice: the rouching is very solidly done, and I really like the braided effect on the bodice, with the weave of the blingy shoulder strap. It's hard to see with the lighting, but the dress is a very rich royal blue color. 


The satiny bodice is formed with gentle breast cups for added support. It wasn't pokey, but gave me enough support that I could have gotten away with a less WHAPAW bra. 


Overall, this dress was very well-constructed- better than I expected for a shop that sells exclusively cocktail dresses. I was honestly expecting something cheaper and flimsier. Yay!
True, it was too small for me to wear (until I shed 20 pounds) but it's pretty, and has a sort of sexy ballerina appeal. Plus the color is pretty, it blings without looking like it's trying too hard, and it recognizes that busty girls might want a little support and an empire waistline.


I would absolutely get more dresses from PromGirl in the future. Especially from the Under $100 collection.
Just hopefully ones I can wear! 



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Labels: , , , , , , ,