Advanced Mineral Makeup Review



I'm a huge fan of mineral makeup, for many reasons. I'm also a fan of loose powder foundation (as my dry skin absorbs liquid foundation). Until now, however, I'd had a difficult time finding a mineral loose powder in my skin color.

Enter Advanced Mineral Makeup!


Advanced Mineral Makeup is 100% natural minerals with NO parabens, starch, talc, perfumes, dyes, animal products, or bismuth oxychloride. It's perfect for people with sensitive skin because it contains no pore-clogging wax products, but has vitamins A and E to stimulate cell growth and rejuvination.



I like the loose powder foundation particularly because it acts as a foundation AND concealer, with full coverage. And it is an SPF 30 UVA/UVB sunscreen, to boot! So only one layer of silky-smooth powder on my face and I'm ready to go.


Advanced Mineral Makeup was created by a salon owner and aesthetician in 2009. It's been used on NCIS and Grey's Anatomy (both of which film in HD), so you know it's flawless. It's also very lightweight! So lightweight, in fact, that I'm still learning how to layer, a little bit at a time, without going overboard!



I used their simple Shade Finder to determine my color (which I thought was Angelina). When I started using Angelina, it became clear that the powder was too dark/tan for my skin (which, although olive-toned, is pale).


I contacted Advanced Mineral Makeup to ask if maybe I was doing something wrong...and they sent me a Taylor, for free! Now Taylor is too light BUT mixing the two together (or using Taylor as my base, and dusting a light coat of Angelina over it) is perfect.



This is the first time I've been able to get a shade of loose powder that is perfect for me. YAY!
Check out the full coverage results (sans makeup and then just with a layer of Taylor):

 





And here's with that final layer of Angelina over:


It lasts all day, too, through work and 3 hours of rehearsal. It doesn't melt off, or smudge, or absorb into my skin.


One final note: AM powder has a 6-month shelf life (or so), but it goes such a long way that you could easily take 6 months to run through it all, even with everyday wear. Although the price tag of $35 may seem like an investment, I think it's well worth it, for the quality and coverage you get.



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Labels: , , , , ,