Eye Spy & The Nail Files

This week's look...




Mineral Basic's Marshmallow on my browbone and inner eye corner
NYC's light purple over my lid
 Noella's Pink Smoke as a liner on my upper lid and in my outer crease, blended
Physician's Formula Mineral Mascara on top and bottom lashes


I think this much light purple and pink greys out the color around my eyes. Pinks may work for nearly-nude looks for fair-skinned gals, but this olive-skinned lass will stick to brown tones for that.


A tip: A smokey eye is a simple formula you can use with any combination of colors: the lightest on the brow bone and inner corner of the eye, the medium-light tone on the inner half of the lid, the medium-dark tone on the outer half of the lid, and the darkest tone as a liner on the top lid lash line, blended into the outer half of the crease, and as a liner for the outer half of the bottom lid (either on the water line, closest to your eye, or on the lash line, just below/at where the lashes grow from the skin). Just be sure to use a brush and blend where each color meets another, so you don't get hard lines.


More inspiring looks can be found on my Pinterest Board!




Ulta's Peach Parfait with faux-French tips done in Zoya's Snow White. I can recommend doing faux-French tips with tape as your guide, from now on.

Labels: , , ,