This is one of my all-time favorite treats to make for breakfast. It's easy, relatively quick to throw together, and 100% tasty.
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 Tblsp brown sugar
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 package crescent rolls
- Wash, hull, and slice strawberries.
- Whisk together softened cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth.
- Fold strawberries slices into cream cheese.
- Roll out crescent roll dough into rectangles OR (if you're good at working with dough gently) triangles.
- Place a dollop of cream cheese/strawberry mix into the center of each rectangle or triangle, and fold the edges so you create a sealed pocket of dough with good stuff in the middle. This may require patience and small dollops.
- Once all pockets have been made and the edges pinched to seal in the good stuff, place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven as per the directions on your crescent dough package.
- Serve warm!
- Leftover cream cheese mixture goes well over toast, bagels, English muffins, etc.
Labels: breakfast, cream cheese, dessert, pastry, recipe, strawberries, tasty noms