Blogger Alphabet Soup

Thanks to My Mom's a Whack Job! for the meme:



A. Age: 31 (until the 25th, anyway)
(I'm soooo mature)

B. Bed size: Queen  


C. Chore you hate: Cleaning the toilet. Pleck.


D. Dogs: None these days. I miss having a dog, but I won't get one until I have the time and energy to devote to it.



E. Essential start to your day: Coffee with Fedora. Both are required for me to feel happy and human.



F. Favorite color: I say teal, but really, any mix of blue and green makes me happy. And Tiffany's Blue and Mint Green are always a hit.



G. Gold or Silver: Silver. I look good in both, but silver reminds me of the ocean and stars, and gold reminds me of overpriced jewelry. I am, however, developing a fondness for copper and brass.



H. Height: 5'7"


I. Instruments you play: I used to rock the trumpet (and played the euphonium, less awesomely). I am trying to get back into trumpet, as I love it, as well as learn the violin (for my childhood dream of being a fiddler). Unsurprisingly, without the motivation of being in a band, I just don't practice.
(That's me with the mace on the left, next to some pageantry gals)


J. Job Title: Varies. Usually revolves around my writing and editing capabilities, generally with the web. Plus Volunteer Coordinator for Twelfth Night Productions.
I'm trying out the title of Small Business Owner as well, these days.



K. Kids: None, much to the chagrin of my mother. 


L. Live: West Seattle (Seattle, WA). 
(West Seattle is a peninsula SW of downtown Seattle, so it's a great combo of urban and historic 'burbs, with some of the best restaurants and shopping around, and neighborhoods with plenty of 30somethings)


M. Married: Not.....yet?
(mock proposal on Christmas Eve, after a family White Elephant gift exchange yielded a pretty costume jewelry ring...that was too tiny for my fingers. For the record, we were taking direction from Fedora's cousin for this photo....and it got us in some hot water with the families who saw it posted on Facebook!)


N. Nicknames: Beth, mostly, but a chosen few call me: BooKitty, BooCat Beth, Bethy, Bethers, Beth-head, Bear, and Tink. (And Isabella di Lucca, if we meet at an SCA event)   


O. Overnight hospital stays: When I had Mono and they thought I had a throat ulcer. It was only overnight because I went in around 8pm and they spent 6 hours twiddling thumbs before they admitted me. That was the longest six hours of my life (I couldn't swallow, even saliva). Then they did tests and pumped me full of drugs, which I had an allergic reaction to...by the time I was discharged, I think it was around noon.



P. Pet peeve: People who think they must convert others to their life choices (religion, politics, dietary habits, etc). Who wants to live in a world where everyone thinks, believes, and acts exactly the same way??



Q. Quote: "Belief creates reality."
(A miracle of nature in our front lawn: double-headed iris)

R. Righty or Lefty: Righty, but I was born ambidextrous. Going to preschool at a church sometimes means you have the 'devil's hand' trained out of you.



S. Siblings: Two older brothers, who thankfully live near me. We're all pretty close.
(Christmas, 2010)

T. Time you wake up: Fedora is training me to get up early these days. I'll sleep until the sun is bright enough, if left to my own devices. Up here, that means 7am during the summer and 11am during the winter.


U. University attended: In chronological order: Humboldt State University (99-01), San Diego State University (01-03), Colorado State University (04-05), University of Washington (2010). I changed majors and schools more than is...prudent.


V. Vegetables you dislike: Green beans. They squeak against my teeth and I *hate* that.

W. What makes you run late: Assumptions made regarding traffic. Usually, though, I arrive early because I'm paranoid about being late.


X. X-rays you've had: In no particular order: chest/lungs, neck, sinus cavity, various parts of my right and left arms, feet, leg, pelvis, and an MRI on my foot.



Y. Yummy food: Sushi.
(Mashiko is hands-down the best sushi place in Seattle)


Z. Zoo animal favorite: I don't often go to the zoo, and I prefer to see animals in the wild. I have favorite animals, but not a favorite animal to see at the zoo. I'm a general fan of mammals, if that counts.

Labels: ,