Eye Spy & The Nail Files

This week's look...


NYC's White on my browbone and inner eye corner
Mineral Basic's Chocolate Drizzle over my lid, blended
ULTA's Automatic Eyeliner in Black/Brown as a liner on my upper and outer-lower lids
Mineral Basic's Mermaid as a liner on my outer-upper lides
Physician's Formula Mineral Mascara on top and bottom lashes

I was concerned that the smokey eye day look was getting stale, so I shook things up a bit by only having one color, plus a browbone highlighter. And then a contrasting color as a subtle liner. I like the effect. 
(Note: I did not extend my color above the crease, and should have, to blend it better. Can you tell I was in a hurry this morning?)


A tip: A chic look right now is to apply a thick line of colored liner, all the way across your lover lid lash line, and smudge it. The effect is that your eyes are floating on a pool of color, above and below. Be sure, though, to fully cover/neutralize any under-eye dark circles, because otherwise your eyes will appear bruised. You can do this with a neutral shade as well, but keep the line of medium thickness so you don't get the raccoon eye look.


More inspiring looks can be found on my Pinterest Board!



Hard to see, as the flash messed up the color, but that's Julep "Rebel" and Zoya "Vanessa" (which is more raspberry than red right now).

Labels: , , ,