Xperience Days Review


Xperience Days is a company that connects people with adventures and experiences in major metro areas all over the USA. From Food Tours to Sailing Trips to Dance Classes, they have packages for just about every interest.

And they're set up for you to be able to purchase these experiences as gifts for others. Huzzah!
I'm much more interested in giving (and receiving) experiences than things, so I think it's a fabulous idea.


Since it was my birthday last Sunday, I decided to give them a shot, with a 2-person Sailing Tour (around Puget Sound, Ballard Locks, and Lake Union) via Argosy Cruises.

We got a nice photo taken, for $10 (this is a pic of that photo, hence the low quality)

We sailed aboard the GoodTime III, with Captain Christie, Josh the Barman, and Khian, our fantasic tour guide.

We saw some very touristy sights, like the Seattle waterfront....

And some unique sights, like the railroad bridge in Shilshole Bay.

As a resident of Seattle for 5+ years, I actually learned A LOT of information about my city on this Argosy Locks cruise!

For those who have never experience Locks before, it's basically a boat elevator.

The whole cruise went pretty quickly- at no point was I bored or restless.

The Locks opening up, letting us onto Lake Union.

Gorgeous views from the boat, plus fun facts (and Fedora and I have some other dates lined up, as a result of Khian's information).

We had great weather- somewhat overcast, but not too breezy or cold.

We picked out some future homes (that's a houseboat, complete with motor and all!)

And that khaki house on the left is Tom Cruise's home in Sleepless in Seattle.

We even buzzed by The Ducks (a cheesy, far less informative and visually-engaging tourist activity).

Overall, I really enjoyed the Argosy Locks Tour. I feel like it was entertaining, educational, and visually interesting (plus, they serve food and beverage aboard, so even if the weather is crap, it'd still be fun).


It was absolutely worth the cost (which, incidentally, was less than $10 more expensive to go through Xperience Days than straight through Argosy Cruises- like a surcharge for taking care of the paperwork and reservations hassle).


Xperience Days is set up such that you can give experiences even if you've never been to that city and have no idea what fun stuff there is to do there. So if your friends are getting married in, say, Houston, and you want to give a good wedding gift, Xperience Days takes care of the research and leg work and you can pick something delightful for them.


They also have no expiration date, and you can exchange experiences for free (in case you gift a friend with something they've- whoops!- already done before). I am already planning on using Xperience Days to send fun times to friends who live outside of the state.
(and to help me figure out what things I can do for fun around here!)


Check it all out on their website, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest!



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Labels: , , ,