A to Z Book Meme

Author You've Read The Most Books From:
Jacqueline Carey. It was a close match between her, Robert Jordan, and Piers Anthony, but she won out....barely. 


Best Sequel Ever:

I find most sequels to be not as good as the first (or sometimes, third) book. I don't know if it's the best ever, but Phillip Pullman's The Subtle Knife was a great second book.

Currently Reading:
Shadowhunters and Downworlders, The Offbeat Bride, and The Uninvited Guests.


Drink of Choice While Reading:
Water.


E-Reader or Physical Books:
Physical books- I have no e-reader. Although lately I've taken to listening to an audiobook while doing chores or going on a walk.


Fictional Character You Would Have Dated IHigh School: 
Simon, from Cassandra's Clare's Mortal Instruments series. Geeky, handsome, sweet, and having some social skills? I would have fallen hard for him. Whether he would have been interested in me is another question altogether (most boys weren't).


Glad You Gave This Book A Chance: 
Sharyn McCrumb's The Rosewood Casket. It's not a new release, and I wasn't sure it would be at all interesting to me. And it was awesome!


Hidden Gem Book: 

Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. I LOVE this book and loan copies to everyone I know. It's entertaining, educational, and inspirational!

Important Moments of Your Reading Life

The second time I read Jane Eyre. Suddenly, as an adult, I had these crashing epiphanies and self-realization moments. Now I read it every few years.

Just Finished:
A Matter of Days, and Madapple.


Kinds of Books You Won't Read:

Erotica, romance that takes itself too seriously, religious-based texts, and the majority of self-help books.

Longest Book You've Read:
I have no idea. The Silmarillion felt long, because it was so dry, but I'm guessing the winner here is a Robert Jordan or George R.R. Martin book.


Major Book Hangover Because Of:
The Knife of Never Letting Go, by Patrick Ness. Partly because it's truly gripping and relentless, and partly because I basically didn't sleep while reading it.


Number of Bookcases You Own:
Technically, 1. The other is Fedora's, and contains our comics and instruction manuals. My bookcase contains books I own and haven't read yet, about 120 of them. In other words, it's a huge TBR pile.


One Book That You Have Read Multiple Times:
Jane Eyre. I don't often re-read books (even Pride & Prejudice I've only read 2-3 times), as I have so many left to read, taking up space and getting dusty.

Preferred Place to Read:

Curled up on the couch by the window.

Quote From A Book That Inspires You/Gives You Feels:

None. I have no memory for quotes.

Reading Regret: 

Michal's Window. I had hope, but it was really disappointing.

Series You Started and Need to Finish:
Ha! Series/trilogies I've read the first book or two in and am trying to finish: Amanda Downum's Necromancer Chronicles, N.K. Jemisin's Inheritence Trilogy, Catheryn M. Valente's Fairyland, Maureen Johnson's Shades of London, Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke & Bone, Megan Shepherd's The Madman's Daughter, Rachel Hartman's Seraphina, Veronica Roth's Divergent, Aimee Carter's Goddess Test, Elizabeth Bear's Promethean Age, Alan Bradley's Flavia de Luce, Robin Hobb's Soldier Son and Rain Wild Chronicles, Lisa Mantchev's Theatre Illuminata, Jacqueline Carey's Moirin, and Philippa Gregory's Wideacre series.


Three OYour All-Time Favorite Books:
This changes often! Right now, I'd say Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, Jane Eyre, and The Amber Spyglass.

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

Mythology and fairytale retellings (that are done well).

Very Excited For This Release More Than Any Other:
None. I don't follow new releases- I have a bookshelf of over 100 books to read, plus a library 'to put on hold' list (of about 50) PLUS a book wishlist (of books not available at my library). If I started with new releases, I'd never dig myself out from under this pile!


X Marks The Spot (Start OYour Bookshelf And Count to the 27th):
Craig Johnson's Death Without Company.


Your Latest Book Purchase:
Sons of the Profits, the best book about Seattle, for swap partner Kaylee.


ZZZ-Snatcher (last book that kept you uWAY late):

The Forest of Hands and Teeth. Fedora hadn't moved in yet, so I was by myself, without internet, in a strange house. I picked it up and started reading and just kept going until I finished it, around sunrise.

Labels: , ,