I have a very full (read: every single day) batch of posts for this blog in October. Some are giveaways, some are my regular memes. Some are sponsored reviews of varying entertainment value.
So I wanted to take a moment today and cover some personal thoughts, issues, plans, etc. I mean, this blog isn't corporate, it's personal. And sometimes, in my mad rush to share recipes and useful things with y'all, I forget that there's supposed to be a conversation happening here.
I haven't been letting my geek flag fly. In fact, part of me wonders if I'm actually blogging in my own voice here, considering how few personal things I share. Or rather, what type of personal things I share.
- I haven't mentioned what a huge Doctor Who, Firefly, and Game of Thrones nerd I am.
- I haven't mentioned how I have a serious twitch about "wasting time" and therefore try to cram everything into every day, and get frustrated with myself when I'm too exhausted to keep going.
- I haven't mentioned how I'm unemployed (AGAIN) and how I struggle not to let that affect my self-esteem, and how selfishly frustrating it is to not be a huge success at age 32.
- I haven't mentioned how my allergies have been so bad these past few months, sometimes I step outside and can't stop my runny nose and itching eyes, and have to retreat back into the house.
- I haven't mentioned how my Volunteer Coordinator duties with Twelfth Night Productions is a part-time job, as is this blog, as is swap hosting, and I'm a wee bit concerned about my time management skills.
- I haven't mentioned how that business I've started....is still on the ground. Everything is in place and paid for, except my website, which is under development and out of my hands. Naturally, this is incredibly frustrating, but it's also being done by someone I trust (who is doing it gratis for me), so I need to just be zen about it.
I'm also considering posting book reviews 2-3 times per week during November. Once a week just isn't enough, considering the pace I read at (while unemployed), and I thought I might do a 'reading blitz' kind of thing. What do you guys think?
I'm also considering putting up a regular poll to get YOUR input on what you want me to read next (out of a choice of 5 possible books). Not that this is becoming a book blog, but....well, honestly, I can't decide what to read next. The list is too long!
So that's the State of the
Union Blog as it stands today. Do give me feedback if you think I'm posting too much of one thing, too little of another, if you have an opinion on the above-mentioned book stuff, etc. I can't always answer all comments, but I do try, and I DEFINITELY welcome your opinions.
Labels: blogging, randomness