7 Deadly Sins



In college, the semester before I became a radio DJ, my crush/friend Tom was a DJ and had a "7 Deadly Sins" segment. I, of course, wanted to be Lust....but that post was already taken (by my rival, no less!), so I instead "auditioned" to be Greed.

I'd make occasional guest appearances, and my chosen theme song was Madonna's "Material Girl". My most memorable appearance, and last, was when I was asked to sing "Happy Birthday, Mr. President", Marilyn-Monroe-style....and I forgot the tune to "Happy Birthday". I was beet-red with embarrassment, and improvised breathily, but still- who can't recall a simple tune they've heard a bazillion times?!

*ahem*

In honor of those good ol' college days, and this fun linky, and my efforts to be more personal on this blog, despite the fact that potential employers are judging me by it....


seven great things in your life.
1. Having a secure, loving, romantic relationship.
2. Having a supportive, financially-secure family who are generous to me.
3. Catching more fish than my Dad this past week.
4. Not giving a damn that I'm lumpy and overweight. :)
5. Being easily adaptive to low incomes (no kids, no pets, low materialism).
6. My ability to stay on top of a profusion of blog, volunteer, house, and family-related obligations, events, and chaos.
7. Having the time, energy, and resources to pursue hobbies (crochet, color chemistry, cross-stitch, sewing, costuming, canning food, cooking, baking, acting, reading, etc).


seven things you lack and covet.
1. A tiny house to call our own.
2. Enduring financial security.
3. Consistent good health.
4. The ability to keep my home clean, organized, and well-decorated and still have time to enjoy my life.
5. A productive, healthy vegetable garden. Damn it.
6. Photography skills (and resources) for my blog.
7. Good fashion sense.


seven things that make you angry.
1. People who are loudly, deliberately ignorant.
2. People who try to convert me to their way of belief.
3. Those who believe all resources are renewable and meant to be depleted by humankind, regardless of the consequences for future generations.
4. Internet flamers. Especially when they use ALL CAPS.
5.  People who choose negativity, and press it upon others.
6. Companies that treat their employees as resources to mine and discard.
7. Men who blame women for their own ineptitudes. 


seven things that you neglect to do.
1. Honor my health above my obligations.
2. Be proactive with my garden.
3. Follow through on any of my sewing projects.
4. Exercise regularly (common theme!)
5. Say no to people.
6. Clean the house regularly.
7. Wash my car.


seven worldly material desires.
1. A tiny house of our own.
2. All the books on my wishlist.
3. A dishwasher.
4. The ability to travel the world with Fedora. 
5. The ability to be fully self-sufficient.
6. An archery range on our property.
7.  All the historical costumes. ALL OF THEM.


seven guilty pleasures.
1. Dark chocolate.
2. Spending a day in my PJs, whenever I can.
3. Buying books I don't yet have time to read. 
4. Trader Joe's "Inner Peas". These things are my crack.
5. Coffeecoffeecoffee.
6. Blogging.
7. Not showering every day (see #2).


seven things you love about love.
1. Getting to be myself around someone who understands me.
2. Kissing.
3. Cuddling.
   4. Sharing excitement over things, both in common and diverse.
5. Having someone to adventure and make plans with.
6. Having someone I can cook and bake for, make laugh, and try to seduce, without the fear that they're using me for that skill/ability.
7. Learning things from someone I trust and respect.


How long will this linky remain open? Til Halloween!

Want to join in? All you need to do is copy & paste this list, link-up, and have fun finding out others' guilty pleasures.  

Labels: , ,