The market is more or less flooded with beauty subscription box services, but the vary in range from usefulness to variety. Beauty Box 5 is one that is sent monthly, and contains 5 beauty, hair, and skin care product samples. It's $12/month, or 3 months for $30.
(October's Beauty Box 5 theme was "Take it Easy", transitioning from Summer to Fall)
- Some items are sample sized, some are full-sized. I'm a fan of inexpensive full-sized beauty products
- You get free shipping, and exclusive discounts for the featured brands
- There's a wide range of type of products, and level of luxe
- With the box I received, the value is definitely more than $10 (more like $50)
- The box I received had 4 brands that were new to me
- Each box has a theme, and comes in a pretty blue box
- They featured an Instagram challenge to win 8 Nubar nail polishes
(Aveeno moisturizing lotion, sample size; Model Co lip enhancer pencil, full size; La Fresh facial cleansing wipes, sample size; Nubar 3-Free nail polish, full size; Swissco glitter toe spacers, full size)
(Nubar in "Blondie")
(Model Co. "Illusion Lip Pencil" lip enhancer in Nude)
- You can't personalize to brands you love/hate, or lifestyle (vegan, or eco-friendly, or even 'I don't care about perfume please don't ever send any')
- There's no subscription option aside from 1, 3, or 12 months. What if I want 6 months?
Overall, I really liked the quality and diversity of products, and the fact that 3 of the 5 were full-sized.
My concern, with any box subscription service, is how well that diversity and value holds up over time (i.e. if you send me the same product twice, etc)...and the fact that Beauty Box 5 doesn't allow me to personalize to my tastes doesn't ease that concern.
Still, as generic beauty box subscriptions go, it was a pleasant surprise, and most definitely a value for the price.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Labels: aveeno, beauty box 5, la fresh, makeup, model co, nubar, product review, skin care, swissco