I found this recipe on the Baked by Nicole blog, but made a few adaptations to it in light of a lack of ingredients. I adore cardamom for it's versatility with sweet and savory dishes, and the result here is a mellow, slightly earthy chocolate chip oatmeal cookie.
- 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugars together until smooth.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour mixture into the butter/sugar mixture until fully mixed.
- Add in the oats and mix until they’re just incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F
- Drop Tblsp of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet, noting that they will spread as they bake.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
Labels: chocolate, cookies, dessert, easy to make, oatmeal, recipe, spices, tasty noms