Hey all! I seem to be baking a lot of bread lately....so I'm sharing recipes for those of y'all who also enjoy the catharsis of bread making.
Here's a good one because it's low on kneading effort, rising time, and number of ingredients.
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 Tblsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tblsp yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tblsp oil
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine milk, water, and oil.
- Microwave 1 minute 30 seconds, or until it's between 120 - 130 degrees F.
- Pour the hot liquid into the dry ingredients.
- Beat at highest speed for 1 minute.
- Grease a bread tin, and transfer dough into it.
- Cover and let rise for 1 - 2 hours, until dough is about the height of the tin.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake bread for about 23 - 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
...and then, of course, I forgot to take a picture of the finished loaf. Whoops!
This is an excellent bread for toasting, as it holds up really well but tastes somewhat dense.
Labels: bread, breakfast, recipe, tasty noms