Friday (Halloween) Confessional

FRIDAY CONFESSIONAL at HIGH-HEELED LOVE

I confess...
I wanted to try a Halloween outfit for D&D that wasn't my Renaissance Faire garb, which is the typical fall-back costume. 
And I wanted it to be a makeup challenge, despite my limited knowledge and materials.

(ignore the flesh-toned ear...this was before I fixed my hair to cover that)

I used a sparkle white creme base all over my face, then did highlighting and contouring in navy and aqua shades

Hard to see, but I also used blue false eyelashes, blue pencil over my eyebrows, blue shadow mixed with Glycerine over my lips (helped keep the color on even while eating), and spirit glue with the ice crystals


I confess...
11 hours of wearing makeup was not as bad as I thought it would be. The worst part were the ice crystals, as they pulled on my skin when I made any facial expression.


I confess...
Having a silvery blue face is a great way to make your teeth look instantly yellow. Ick.


I confess...
It's also a great way to make your eyes look red. And not in a scary fun way. 


I confess...
Despite that, I had a lot of fun finding the shadows on my face and covering them with dark blue. Before I added the aqua, I looked more arctic (and angular), but I wasn't about to take it all off and start again after 2 hours, just because of one mistake. So I ran with it.


I confess...
Next year, I want to go as an orc, and use a green palette. I just need to find some tusks...

Labels: , ,